1. The stacker crane (mobile tower) differs from the robot shuttle trolley system only for the handling way where the structure of the building always has a central transport lane and laterally the parking places that can also be positioned in the second row.
2. The stacker crane will load the car as in the floor trolley system and bring it to its parking box with simultaneous movement in both vertical and longitudinal directions, all always managed by a PLC and its software.
3. The platform transports the vehicle and transfers it to the desired parking box to park it.
4. The mobile tower moves along the guide rails fixed on the concrete ceiling above the parking level and on the concrete floor of the parking level by means of wheels and tracks with high precision and guarantee.
5. The opening of the towing and centering arms is obtained electrically by means of gearmotors; the cycle time is about 18 sec while the average parking / recovery time of the car is about 70 S.
6. The power required for vertical movement is 30 KW while for horizontal movement it is 4 KW.
7. The entry cabin is equipped with safety devices to confirm the correct positioning of the car, the absence of a human being inside the cabin through a laser scanner.
8. Once the driver exits the cabin door, press the button or via a badge where the system will begin the parking process.
9. To retrieve the car, the customer, using his badge, activates the system that delivers the vehicle to him in the entry / exit cabin.